STARTING YOUR CAREER IN SPORT
A fantastic opportunity to combine your passion of football with an Education Programme.
- Gain a BTEC Level 3 Qualifications in Sport
- Improve yourself as a footballer with quality coaching in a step3 semi – professional football club
- Coaching Programme within the Wimborne FC philosophy
- Play in the weekly matches
- Gain an FA Coaching Qualificatio
In partnership with
Elite Pathways our education provider
Join the Wimborne Town Academy to gain full access into the exciting player pathway fully focused on developing young talent.
- Football coaching delivered by ex-1st team manager and Academy Head Coach Matty Holmes
- Improve yourself as a footballer with the Technical and Tactical coaching on offer
- Coaching sessions and matches coached and managed similar to the first team
- Opportunities to represent the U18s, Reserves & First Team.
STUDY PROGRAMME TIMETABLE
- 2 year – Level 3 Diploma in Sport
- BTEC – Level 3 Diploma (equivalent to 2 A-levels)
- BTEC – Level 3 Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A-levels)
- Work Experience
- English/Maths – If applicable
- Quality Football Coaching Sessions
- Match Programme – Wednesday
|MONDAY||Training 10am – 11.45am||Education 12.30pm – 3.30pm|
|TUESDAY||Training 10am – 11.45am||Education 12.30pm – 3.30pm|
|WEDNESDAY||Education 10am – 11am||Competitive League Match|
|THURSDAY||Education 10am – 12.30pm||Education 1.30pm – 3.30pm|
|FRIDAY||Training 10am – 11.45am||Education 12.30pm – 3.30pm|
Wimborne Town FC
Wimborne Town will be moving into their new ground complex in November 2020 after 100 years at the old Cuthbury ground. The new development will be an excellent facility to run the programme from with fantastic brand new facilities for the players to be educated and coached in a positive environment.
- Astro pitch
- Grass pitch
- Changing rooms
- Bus links
YOUR FUTURE PROGRESSION
Continue your studies to higher education.
Completion of the Programme will provide you with the option to apply for university. You will receive support and guidance with your application.
Study with ElitePathways and being coached by Wimborne Town FC gives you an opportunity to play non-league football or professional football as well as a pathway to a US scholarship.
Combined further study with employment upon completion of the programme you will be able to apply for an apprenticeship within sport and leisure industry.
Through the work experience Programme with direct contact with employers, you will be in a position to gain employment.
Elite Pathways in Sports & Training is a privately- owned training organization that was established in 2016. The company specialises in education and training programmes within the Sport and Active Leisure sector.
The organization delivers a wide variety of qualifications to a diverse range of 16-19 and adult learners across the South East region working in partnership with Further Education Colleges, Sixth Form Schools, and employers to deliver NEET, study programme and traineeship frameworks in the areas of sport, Coaching, Active Leadership, Exercise & Fitness and Employability.
Our mission is to create high quality experiences that are reinforced by sound learning environments that enables our learners to develop their knowledge, skills and abilities to enhance their career prospects, which lead to a positive and fruitful career.
To develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of learners who wish to progress into a career within the Sport & Active Leisure sector.
Provide an outstanding learning experience that can directly influence the future careers and lives of our learners.
ENTRY & FINANCE
You need to be 16 by the first week of September 2021
- Study Programme is fully funded.
- Learners will need to provide laptops/iPad.
- Training and match kit costs will be kept to a minimum
- Players will need to arrange own travel
- Players can gain a sponsor to cover any expenses
- Wednesday match day away games – minibus provided.
- To apply for the Programme please complete the application form and return to
- Academy Head of Coaching – Matty Holmes
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 07502 200345
Bursary applications are provided at the beginning of the academic year and are means tested.